Nothing is perfect and everything has some pros and cons to it. So are Fruits, there can be healthy fruits, very healthy fruits, and also, poisonous fruits, unhealthy fruits and even deadly ones.
Apple seeds contain a substance called amygdalin, which releases cyanide into the bloodstream when chewed or, digested. However, apple seeds in small amounts do not contain enough cyanide to cause harm. The amount which really needs to cause harm to your body is much more than a average consumption. However, it is better to spit/throw out seeds to prevent any potential issues to your body.
Apricot kernels contain the same plant toxin that apple seed contain, ‘amygdalin’, which converts into cyanide after eating or swallowing. Cyanide is a poison that can cause nausea, fever, headaches, insomnia, thirst, lethargy, nervousness, joint, and muscle aches and pains, and falling blood pressure. If the case goes beyond that, it is fatal.
Yes, I know, I just said that but the tomato isn’t poisonous. The fruit is not, but the leaves, roots, and stem (and, in some limited doses, even unripe fruit) are rich in tomatine, an alkaloid that is mildly toxic to humans. It will not kill you until and unless you chow down pounds and pounds of it, but it is likely to cause you some gastrointestinal distress.
Since You already know that cyanide is not good for humans. The hard stone in the center of cherries is full of prussic acid, also known as cyanide, which is poisonous as you all know. But there is no need to be scared if you accidentally swallow/swallowed one — intact pits will just pass through your system and out the other end. Avoid crunching or crushing pits as you nosh on your cherries.
Cashews themselves are not toxic, but they are adjoined by a shell that consists of the toxic oil urushiol… Coming into contact with this urushiol can cause itching, blisters, and skin rashes too. However raw cashews are processed in such a careful and meticulous way, it’s rare that someone will accidentally consume a contaminated nut. No wonders This Comes in 10 Poisonous Fruits You Should Consume Wisely.
There are two variations or variety of almonds, sweet almonds and bitter almonds. The bitter ones supposedly contain relatively large amounts of hydrogen cyanide. It’s said that even eating just 7 – 10 raw bitter almonds can cause problems for adults, and could be fatal for children.
Jatropha fruit belongs to the Euphorbiaceous family and is found in the coastal areas of tropics. The leaves, fruits, and seeds of the plant are used for various ailments. There are few reported cases of its poisoning in children’s age but doctors and other officials didn’t come across any case report for its poisoning in adults. However, they found a family of 5 members (mother, father, and three sons) affected by the poisoning of jatropha seeds, presented within a few minutes with complaints of vomiting and diarrheas’. The nature of the illness was self-limiting and no complications occurred during the entire hospital stay and follow-up.
The fruit is a bright red berry of about 7–12 mm diameter; it is very poisonous for humans. The bark, sap, and berries of all Daphne’s are toxic to humans and small animals, and the sap is a skin irritant. though fruit-eating birds like thrushes are immune and eat them, dispersing the seeds in their droppings. Don’t get confused between them and cherries or you will get into some serious problems. Surely This Is Among 10 Poisonous Fruits You Should Consume Wisely.
These fruit or plant are usually used or seen as decorative material in the garden because of it’s color and appearance But Surely It Is Not Good For Humans To Eat. The poison includes several glycosides: evobioside, evomonoside, evonoside. Cases of poisoning occur mostly in children, after eating or swallowing the bright red pods. 30 pods are even a fatal dose for an adult. Poisonings are even been recorded in carpenters working too with spindle wood. Symptoms are nausea, dizziness, strong stomach pains, vomiting, and diarrhea. Severe cases can include unconsciousness and kidney failure also. Initial symptoms may appear 12-18 hours after ingestion, and if not treated properly, one could end in circulatory failure.
Yellow Star Fruit
Star Fruit can be yellow or greenish and has a taste that differs from bitter to sweet. Studies show that eating starfruit can have a harmful or Negative (toxic) effect for people who are suffering from kidney diseases. The substances which are found in starfruit can affect the brain and even cause neurological disorders too. This toxic substance is called a neurotoxin.