These 5 basic exercises, done regularly can turn out to be life-changing. These may take a maximum of 25 mins of your day and the results will be as effective as gym workouts.
You can learn the correct postures of these workouts once and can do it for a lifetime at home in your comfort zone.
Many people who do not get much time for gym and yoga, prefer these to stay fit!
It is a lower body activator. It helps activate, tone, build and strengthen legs and core muscles. Moreover, it helps shape a nice butt.
- Stand straight with your hands close to your body.
- Bend knees in the way you bend while sitting on a chair while moving hands forward, parallel to the ground.
- Make sure your knees do not go beyond your feet level and your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- It does not only improves flexibility but helps maintain joints too.
- Squats help to burn calories at a faster rate.
- It Strengthens your lungs and heart. Yes! It does!
- Squats help to keep the bones strong.
- It stimulates the digestive system and the circulatory system.
- Moreover, it leads to many sorts of postural improvements.
Read more: body-weight leg exercises
It is a full body workout therefore It leads to whole body muscle definition.
It is a basic exercise yet highly effective.
- Start by positioning your hands, shoulder-width apart(or a little bit wider).
- Bend your elbows and go towards the ground, your elbows should be at about a 45-degree angle to your body.
- Get back with your elbows straight.
- It facilitates postural improvements.
- Push-ups prevent shoulder and lower back injuries.
- It enhances the cardiovascular system.
- Plank also helps in full body activation which leads to functional strength.
Read More: Chest workout at home (Its really hard)
It is a complete body workout which leaves an impact on the whole body.
2-3 minute of regular plank can make you feel various changes in your body.
It is easy and effective.
- Place the hands directly under the shoulders (slightly wider than shoulder-width apart).
- Place the toes on the floor and squeeze your butt to make the body stable.
- Look at a spot on the floor about a foot beyond the hands. Your head should be in line with your back and your body should appear like a platform.
- Do not lift your butt or neck too much.
The right posture is essential for effective results. Wrong posture can lead to injuries.
- Plank is responsible for activating many muscles.
- It helps strengthen the core.
- Plank increases muscle definition.
- It is proven to reduce back pain.
- Plank helps to boost metabolism.
- It improves posture and balance.
- It helps maintain bone and joint health.
Read More: Body weight back workout
It is great basic exercise to do. It is effective for the whole body. But majorly helps strengthen core, spine and gluteus.
- Lie on back with the hands at sides, knees bent, and put feet flat on the floor under the knees.
- Raise your hips to create a straight line from your shoulders to knees. Tighten your abdominal and buttock muscles while doing so..
- Hold for 20 to 30 seconds and then return to the starting position.
- It helps strengthen and stabilize the core and back.
- The bridge helps to tone butt.
- It prevents back pain.
- The bridge helps to correct muscular imbalances.
- It is effective in reducing knee pain.
- Bridge also helps in spinal stabilization.
Read: Full-body workout effective and will give you results.
It is a basic exercise for core.
- As the name suggests you have to first get into dog like position. Place your knees and palms on the floor making your core parallel to the floor.
- Raise your right arm and left leg while keeping your shoulders and hips parallel to the floor.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, then lower back down to the starting position.
- Repeat with alternate arm and leg.
- It helps strengthen the lower back and eliminates pain.
- Bird dog is effective in improving muscle coordination and balance.
- It helps stimulate nervous activities in the core.
- Bird dog helps to maintain spinal stability.
- Moreover, it facilitates improvement in the mobility of shoulders.
These basic exercises help you to not only achieve an active body but also a fitter and healthier lifestyle.
Making these exercises a part of your daily routine will help you transform your life.
A life where you will be physically fit and active and mentally healthy.
These workouts also help release stress and your mind will be at peace.
There are some “basic cardio routines” as well that might be helpful.
Start today and see the changes yourself!